National Control Center
Avangrid Renewables National Control Center (NCC) is a state-of-the-art, 24x7 generation system control room to perform many mission critical functions which allow the company to meet safety, regulatory, contractual, and business obligations.The National Control Center:
- Satisfies North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) cyber and physical security standards
- Maintains compliance with NERC operations standards, including generation and voltage set points, maintaining required communications, and data systems
- Supports safe operations in the field, by notifying field personnel in advance of severe weather such as lightning so that workers may safely remove themselves from turbines.
- Acts as a point of contact and information flow when emergencies occur in the field.
- Fullfills required FAA notifications
- Provides field services to remotely operate and reset wind turbines in compliance with proscribed protocols.
- Handles planned and unplanned outages
For more information, please review the National Control Center fact sheet.